About Me

My photo
Author, film researcher and member of the Swedish Military History Commission.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Swedish Dingo

I made this 1:35 Dingo when I was about 16. I almost purchased a real one 1-2 years later.

The latest issue (1-2/2012) of the Swedish journal 4 Wheel Drive has a great story about a magnificent reproduction Dingo armoured car created by Swedish enthusiasts.


I have no photo of my own of the scale 1:1 Swedish Dingo but you can see one via this link to 4WD magazine.

The reason I am so fascinated by this repro project is 1. I was close to buying a Dingo wreck together with a friend, from a company in Northern Ireland in the 1980s. 2. It is simply an adorable little car, Daimler-made and all. 3. The Swedish enthusiasts built their repro for just 75 000 Swedish Crowns, which is something like 7500 Pounds.

I was rather pleased with my model although I did not convert the exterior.

However, I did add detail inside, such as a gearbox.

Incidentally, there are these Youtube-clips about a repro Dingo project in Britain. Hopefully, the current owner of the one and only Swedish repro Dingo will post some photos or a film clip on the web in the near future. If so, please do comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment