About Me

My photo
Author, film researcher and member of the Swedish Military History Commission.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Wehrwolfs in the Arctic?

Ukrainian authorities have just announced that "Wehrwolf", Hitler´s most eastern headquarters, is to be adapted for more tourism.

I understand that the Red Army already during the war "permanently" sealed the underground parts of Wehrwolf complex. Will these parts too be opened, I wonder? Is there just concrete down there or could there be some history worth seeing?

The fascination with werewolves in the Third Reich is definately an intriguing subject. I recently wrote a chapter on the subject of Wehrwolfs in the Arctic. To be precise: in the area where Norway, Sweden and Finland converge. A friend in the Swedish police located two detailed Swedish police reports from 1945 on the subject. Thanks to above all a British friend in Arctic Norway I was able to find the truth, I believe, behind these reports. This chapter is in a manuscript I am still working on.

BTW I stumbled upon a genuine German advertisement for a vacuum cleaner called "Vampyr". It was in a German newspaper published in Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment