About Me

My photo
Author, film researcher and member of the Swedish Military History Commission.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Swedes Reviewed Again

Swedes at War has been reviewed in Journal of Military History by Professor Kenneth W. Estes of Seattle, with a long career in the United States Marine Corps.

According to Professor Estes the book "[...] provides us with much useful information and many unusual vignettes". He concludes with "The maps, photos, and endnotes prove highly satisfying and support the personal vignettes very well."

The review is not online, otherwise I would have linked to it.

Incidentally a relative of mine from Seattle was so kind to send me some original wartime photos from his grandfather who survived Pearl Harbor 1941 - many of his close friends died. I received these photos as a teenager and thus Pearl Harbor became somehow more real to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment