About Me

My photo
Author, film researcher and member of the Swedish Military History Commission.

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Most Expensive Cuff Title?

German WWI cuff title kept in a museum in Gibraltar.

While looking for something else I stumbled upon this photo of a German WWI cuff title that I must have photographed in 1987, when I hitch-hiked Stockholm-Gibraltar-Stockholm.

I have always liked cuff titles, i.e. not collecting them as I have never had that kind of money (reproductions don't interest me), but just seeing them and learning about their history. I reckon the above one must be one of the most rare and expensive ones there is. I do not recall the name of the museum I found it in on Gibraltar but I think it was the main museum of the rock.

But why the Swedish colours???

No comments:

Post a Comment