About Me

My photo
Author, film researcher and member of the Swedish Military History Commission.

Friday, August 12, 2011

News From El Dorado

Here is a showcase example of how to start telling a story. I will quote from the new book by Paul R. Sellin Treasure, Treason and the Tower, that I received some minutes ago:

"A sharp medicine," said the last of the great Elizabethan heroes as he tested the edge of the headman's axe before laying his head on the block.

Now, that is what I call a head start.

I sure look forward to continue reading this study that I reckon will change the perception of both El Dorado and Sir Walter Raleigh, thanks to a remarkable discovery in a Swedish archive.

BTW, speaking about new facts, in case you have not seen the latest news about Raoul Wallenberg, read this and then this.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Professor Sellin was a mentor of mine at UCLA. I'm glad his work is appreciated. He's a remarkable man. I will definitely be reading the book.

    ReplyDelete